Monday, February 24, 2014
Topic: Leadership Through Technology: The Fastest Way to Get Things Done
Speaker: Mike Song, CEO, GetControl.net
Employees spend most of their day in Outlook, Salesforce.com, or working on PCs, tablets, smartphones, etc. Virtual teams are the norm. Yet many leaders don't know how to navigate technology in order to effectively communicate, coach, and motivate their people. The result is lost productivity and profits.
Come hear about the five critical competencies that will enable leaders to evolve into highly effective "tech execs." Our speaker will give each attendee at the face-to-face meeting a copy of his new book and engage us in a highly interactive session about how to:
- Diagnose employees' individual and team TQ (Tech Quotient=Team Tech Skills Level)
- Identify, motivate and celebrate tech champions
- Become tech ambassadors who enthusiastically share carefully-selected zip tips and strategies with their teams
- Inspire employees to embrace exploration and practice - the two most critical behaviors for boosting performance via technology
- Utilize e-communications (email, text, IM,social media) and virtual meetings to drive performance and maintain excellent relationships, team focus and job satisfaction.
Our speaker, Mike Song, is one of the world's leading technology and time management experts. In addition to Zip! Tips: The Fastest Way to Get More Done, he's the lead author of the best-selling email and meeting effectiveness book, The Hamster Revolution. He is CEO and Founder of GetControl.net, an internationally renowned productivity training company. He has touched millions via interviews with Good Morning America, CNN, NPR and the Wall Street Journal.
NEW! FREE WEBCAST OPTION If you cannot attend the meeting in person, here is a link that will let you view a webcast, live from the meeting at the Norwalk Inn! Discover Video will do the webcast and archive a copy. Just copy and paste the link below to see the live webcast or archived copy. http://devos.discovervideo.com/channels/ASTD_SCC
Thank You to Our Event Sponsor